Chicken, Roasted Peppers & Sun Dried Tomatoes Terrine
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (+ overnight)
- 1.5kg Lilydale chicken mince
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup, chopped fresh herbs
- Roasted peppers
- 150g thinly sliced prosciutto
- Extra baby spinach leaves
- Crusty bread
- Mix mince and egg whites cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Gently stir through cream, tomatoes and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line base and sides with baking paper, leaving overhang. Line with slices of prosciutto slightly overlapping.
- Place a third chicken mixture in base, arrange peppers over. Spoon another third of chicken mixture on top and then spinach. Finish with remaining chicken mixture. Fold in prosciutto, cover with a piece of baking paper.
- Place terrine in deep baking dish, pour enough hot water to come 1/2 way up the sides. Bake in 160C preheated oven for 11/2 -2 hours, until juices run clear when tested with a skewer. Remove terrine from water and allow cooling for 30 minutes, then carefully pouring out juices from pan. Refrigerate overnight.
Serve with gherkins, extra spinach leaves and crusty bread.