Day #8 Don’t Forget Your Greens
Tuesday 16 December, 2014
Mix things up a bit in your Christmas spread with a crisp summer salad. Our beautifully fresh Baby Spinach Salad with beans, sugar snap peas and buffalo mozzarella is perfect for the season.
The fragrant lemon and basil dressing adds the extra zing.
Baby Spinach Salad
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 150g beans, trimmed, cut on the diagonal and blanched
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 1 buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1 avocado, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
Lemon and Basil dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1Arrange the spinach leaves, beans and sugar snap peas on a platter, top with mozzarella, avocado, hazelnuts and basil leaves.
2To make the Lemon and Basil dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
3Drizzle the salad with the dressing just before serving.