Day #5 Prepare a Grand Entrée
Saturday 13 December, 2014
Simple is elegant. Earthy is magic.
Serve your friends and family a summer fresh salad for a healthy entrée.
Barbeque chicken tenderloins pair beautifully with the sweetness of seasonal grilled peaches. The contrasting colours of this Grilled Peach and Chicken Tenderloin Salad, with tarragon and pink peppercorn dressing, create a wonderful visual pop on each dining plate. So festive!
Grilled Peach & Lilydale Chicken Tenderloin Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 Tblsp finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g Lilydale chicken tenderloins
- 4 ripe peaches, cut cheeks from the stone
- 2 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated and washed
- 110g goats cheese, thinly sliced
1In a small bowl combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon, half of the crushed pink peppercorns to prepare the seasoning. Brush this oil seasoning over the tenderloins and peach cheeks.
2Grill the peach cheeks over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, remove and set aside. Grill the tenderloins for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through, remove from grill and loosely cover with foil to rest.
3To make the dressing, combine the extra virgin olive oil, mustard, and remaining tarragon and pink peppercorns in a jar. Shake well to combine.
4Arrange the cos lettuce, radicchio, peach chicken tenderloins and goats cheese on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.